New Brand for Walmart Foundation
As the world’s largest employer, Walmart often receives negative press. The Walmart Foundation needed a brand and key messages to share the story about the good work they do for people, communities and the environments around the world.
Zia created key messages, a logo and a toolkit of materials to enable Walmart leadership and company spokespeople to tell the story about the good work the corporation and Foundation do around the world. The toolkit includes materials that focus on the key message that:
By working together, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation use their strengths to:
- Create economic opportunity for their associates, suppliers and people who work in retail and retail supply chains beyond Walmart
- Enhance the sustainability of our food supply so they can address hunger and make healthier, more sustainably grown food a reality
- Build strong communities where they operate and inspire associates to give back
Walmart and the Walmart Foundation create opportunities for people to live better every day. They work to raise awareness of key social issues, inspire solutions and implement change by collaborating with others – including their 2.2 million associates.
The toolkit includes materials the enable Walmart leadership and spokespeople to get their message heard:
- Talking points so they can stay on message
- A written narrative explaining the work that is being done and supported within each of the three focus areas of opportunity, sustainability and community
- Infographics to explain and highlight how Walmart uses its strength to help others
- Slide decks to allow leadership and spokespeople to deliver the message
- Series of advertisements for programs and magazines
- Banners for displays at trade shows and associate events
These materials are being finalized now, so results are not available at this time. The new Foundation logo was unveiled at Walmart’s Shareholders meeting in June and received accolades from leadership and associates.