Growing a Culture of Diversity and Inclusion
Walmart’s Global Office of Diversity is focused on developing the Next Generation Walmart through creative initiatives to hire, develop and retain diverse talent.
They needed a brand to connect all the groups it represents in a meaningful way, and by doing that, communicate to the organization the role that the Global Office of Diversity plays in preparing Walmart for the future.
The brand we developed included a logo that is:
- Versatile enough to use on a variety of collateral materials and in various media
- Global and multicultural
- Unifying for the Associate Resource Groups, minority groups, so they can be tied together in a meaningful way
- A brochure for recruiting fairs that focuses on their work in the workforce, workplace and marketplace
- An annual D&I report for internal and external audiences to show the progress they have made in creating a diverse and inclusive culture, as well as Walmart’s commitment to continue making a difference for all employees.
Results will be measured by monitoring:
- Acceptance rates of job offers
- Results from annual employee survey to gauge minority engagement and employee understanding of the value a diverse and inclusive environment creates
- Senior leadership’s support of on-going programs
- Comments from recruits